“The human skin is one of the body’s most vital organs. It is the largest organ of the human body, weighing more than the brain, liver, or heart. Its many components, which work together to accomplish a plethora of specific functions, clearly indicate that our skin was designed. Consider the following:
- The skin keeps out harmful bacteria.
- It serves as a waterproof wall to hold in our body fluids.
- Its pigment shields us from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Our skin absorbs the sun’s ultraviolet rays and uses them to convert chemicals into vitamin D.
- Its many nerve endings make us sensitive to touch, heat, cold, pain, and pressure.
- The body’s two to five million sweat glands help to eliminate waste products and to cool the skin.
- Oil glands lubricate our skin and keep it soft.
- About 1/3 of the body’s blood circulates through the skin. The blood vessels expand and contract to regulate body temperature. (A body temperature increase of only 7o F to 8o F can cause death.)
The various features of our skin, and the skin of all other animals, reveal planning and design.”
Read more nuggets like this one and more in this book, Have You Considered: http://www.discovercreation.org/shop/youth-adult-books/have-you-considered/
Or check out their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/searchforthetruthministries/