This is a Year-long Worldview Training for Ages 13-22 meeting weekly on Friday mornings (10 am – 12 pm) starting Sept 11 after introductory day of training on Aug 29.
Live or Online: We will be meeting live and in person and also online using Zoom for those who are not local. For those local, we will meet at the Alpha Omega Institute ministry center located at 1011 N 10th St, Grand Junction, CO 81501.
If you are interested in joining us for the Summer 2021 Mission Trip to California, contact us as that group may be meeting at a different time with further preparation for the trip.
Cost for the year-long training: $100
-If money is a hardship, please contact us at [email protected]
-There will be additional costs (TBD) for the Summer Mission Trip.
Prepare yourself and your family and friends!
Why are we doing this training??
We see a decline of Christian morals and activity in our current culture. Many people, young people especially, are leaving the Christian faith that they grew up in often due to a rise in skepticism, ignorance, and misunderstanding. Listen to these statements of why many have left the faith:
- “What scientific proof do you have that God exists?”
- “Why should I believe in miracles?”
- “If evolution is true, why should I believe in God?”
- “Why should I trust something on ‘faith’ when I could use ‘reason’?”
- “Why should I trust what you or my pastor has to say about Christianity?”
- “How is believing in God any different from believing in Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny?”
- “Why does science seem to contradict the claims of Christianity?”
- “Why would an all-powerful, all-loving God allow so much evil in the world?”
- “How can I be sure Jesus really rose from the grave?”
- “If Christianity is true, why are so many Christians hypocrites?”
- “Why is the history of Christianity filled with so much violence?”
- “Why should I care about any of this to begin with?”
(Source: McDowell, Sean. So the Next Generation Will Know: Preparing Young Christians for a Challenging World (pp. 42-43). David C Cook. Kindle Edition.)
Can you or your student answer all of those?…With a good answer??
Our goal is to come together as a unified group – strengthening each other in the Truths of defending the Christian faith and learning to think and analyze our worldview as well as other competing worldviews.
This year-long training will serve to allow students to wrestle with the big questions – very difficult questions that they are already facing – some of these questions, our older generations have never dealt with before! We strive to equip them with the support, mentoring, and answers that they need along this journey. These young people will gain valuable perspective in understanding the major worldviews encountered today and will therefore better understand and engage with this culture.
1 Peter 3:15 encourages us to “in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect.” Those are our goals, we want to walk alongside students to help them 1) Honor Christ as the Lord, 2) Always be prepared to make a defense for their faith, and 3) Learn to do this will gentleness and respect. We desire that they build on that firm foundation now and for the rest of the lives!
To take part in this training, you must also be a part of the Training Day on August 29th called “Are You Prepared? – Engaging Your Culture – Worldview Training.” Please also register for that as well and be involved in person if possible: www.DiscoverCreation.org/BePrepared
More details will be coming regarding the Summer 2021 Mission Trip to California!!
Contact us at 970-523-9943 or [email protected] if you have any questions.