This Training Day was recorded in September of 2020.
Click Here to Access the Conference Videos!
What do you think – Are you prepared to answer the big questions?
Are your family members prepared?
Prepare yourself and your family and friends!
Click Here for access to the Videos!!
Why do we do this training??
We see a decline of Christian morals and activity in our current culture. Many people, young people especially, are leaving the Christian faith that they grew up in often due to a rise in skepticism, ignorance, and misunderstanding. Listen to these questions of why many have left the faith:
- “What scientific proof do you have that God exists?”
- “Why should I believe in miracles?”
- “If evolution is true, why should I believe in God?”
- “Why should I trust something on ‘faith’ when I could use ‘reason’?”
- “Why should I trust what you or my pastor has to say about Christianity?”
- “How is believing in God any different from believing in Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny?”
- “Why does science seem to contradict the claims of Christianity?”
- “Why would an all-powerful, all-loving God allow so much evil in the world?”
- “How can I be sure Jesus really rose from the grave?”
- “If Christianity is true, why are so many Christians hypocrites?”
- “Why is the history of Christianity filled with so much violence?”
- “Why should I care about any of this to begin with?”
(Source: McDowell, Sean. So the Next Generation Will Know: Preparing Young Christians for a Challenging World (pp. 42-43). David C Cook. Kindle Edition.)
Can you answer all of those?…With a good answer??
Our goal is to come together as a unified group – strengthening each other in the Truths of defending the Christian faith and learning to think and analyze our worldview as well as other competing worldviews.
This day of training will be a really helpful time together, but it will actually be just the beginning of a year-long worldview training for youth (ages 13-22) that will include a SUMMER MISSION TRIP TO CALIFORNIA!!
This year-long training will serve to allow students to wrestle with the big questions – very difficult questions that they are already facing – some of these questions, our older generations have never dealt with before! We strive to equip them with the support, mentoring, and answers that they need along this journey. These young people will gain valuable perspective in understanding the major worldviews encountered today and will therefore better understand and engage with this culture.
1 Peter 3:15 encourages us to “in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect.” Those are our goals, we want to walk alongside students to help them 1) Honor Christ as the Lord, 2) Always be prepared to make a defense for their faith, and 3) Learn to do this will gentleness and respect. We desire that they build on that firm foundation now and for the rest of the lives!
Contact us at 970-523-9943 or [email protected] if you have any questions.