Creation Training Opportunities
Besides our Discover Creation seminars and conferences, AOI offers a number of other ways to gain knowledge and experience in creation teaching and evangelism. A few of the benefits in training with AOI include:
- Use of our extensive Creation Resource Library for your personal growth and research.
- Opportunities to increase your knowledge of Biblical and scientific topics relating to creation.
- Opportunities to interact with our experienced creation ministry staff.
- Opportunities to prepare and teach your own creation programs and receive helpful feed-back and evaluation.
Current AOI Training opportunities include:
- New!!! Discover Creation Training Institute (DCTI):
Alpha Omega Institute’s DCTI is a specialized 1-year training program designed to fortify students with a creation-based Biblical worldview with an emphasis on applied apologetics and personal discipleship. It is a unique opportunity which includes many exciting field trips and practical ministry outreach. It is designed to be a “bridge” for individuals:
Transitioning from high school to college
Desiring a “breath of fresh air” from their current college or workplace
Seeking training to connect with their community in creation ministry
Wanting to reach out to an unbelieving world
- Creation Action Boot Camps: are one-week intensive academic camps designed to fortify and equip high school and college students to survive and thrive on the campus. Learn through fast-paced presentations, hands-on learning activities, field trips, discussions, and more. Students are given opportunities to grapple with tough issues and grow in their own relationship with God. They are given tools to defend their faith and stand firm in the Truth of God’s Word and to impact others with boldness, gentleness, and confidence.
- Creation Mountain Adventures: focus on the scientific and Biblical evidences and importance of creation, while at the same time providing an exciting selection of outdoor activities for you and your family. Children learn about creation in their own dynamic program which includes PowerPoint programs, hands-on activities, songs, and more. These “Vacations with a Purpose” give AOI staff an opportunity to get to know you on an individual basis and are great for families, married couples, adult singles, or youth groups. Many people start here to gain the basic knowledge prerequisite for further creation training.
- Creation Training Weeks: intensive training weeks focus on both knowledge and practical application. Each week includes time for Bible study, science topics relevant to the creation/evolution issue, teaching tips, field trip, and the opportunity to do your own short presentation(s) with helpful feed-back and evaluation. Groups are kept small to increase the opportunity for individual participation, practice, and feed-back. (Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. Teens will be considered on an individual basis and must be accompanied by an adult.) For more information or an application packet, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (970) 523-9943 between 9:00-5:00 MST Tuesday-Friday.
- Internships: a more extended time (generally 6 months to a year) working with AOI staff in Grand Junction to deepen your knowledge of topics relevant to creation and develop your skills in creation ministry. The internship involves in-depth independent study time, periodic consultations with staff, opportunities to work with AOI speakers in actual seminar settings, involvement in various aspects of the overall ministry of AOI, and help in developing and improving your own programs and presentation skills. A very limited number of internships is offered due to the significant amount of staff time involved. Only those who are really serious about creation ministry should apply. (Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.) For more information or an application packet, please e-mail us at email@example.com or call us at (970) 523-9943 between 9:00-5:00 MST Tuesday-Friday.